INDUSTRY: Defense Contractor
OPPORTUNITY: Roll Up
DESCRIPTION: Acquired a niche defense contractor
BACKGROUND: The company had an expertise in supplying mission critical, highly engineered, precision manufactured parts for nuclear submarines and aircraft carriers at a time when defense budgets were being cut.
- Embarked on a campaign to consolidate the Company’s niche industry.
- Leveraged the Company’s quality control and management talent.
- Acquired six companies and tucked them into the platform business.
- Took advantage of operating economies and cost savings.
- Established up-selling and cross-selling opportunities.
PERFORMANCE: The company was merged into a larger competitor on a stock for stock basis. Vivaris investors are now minority investors in a larger business and have an (unrealized) annualized return on their investment of approximately 34%.